Create Your Blog Site in 2 Minutes Using Hashnode
A beautiful platform to setup personal blog sites
Last year, I started writing blogs on Medium. During that time I was searching for ways to create my own site for listing my blogs. All I ended up with was setting up a Wordpress site which has both free and premium version. Personally, I did not like the themes provided in the free version. So, I created my own portfolio site, where I added the blogs that I wrote on Medium.
Recently, I came to know about Hashnode, a simple and easy platform to set up a blog site in minutes. You can even customize your hashnode site to make it your personal portfolio site. Apart from writing articles, Hashnode provides features like importing articles from Medium and Dev.to, mapping custom domain, customizing theme, etc.
In this article, I will be setting up a Hashnode site for myself.
Setting Up the Blog Site
- Visit Hashnode, and click Start your personal blog for FREE.
- Signup using your email id and fill in the necessary details like Name, Username, and Tagline
3. On the next page, give a name for your blog.
4. On the next page, you can choose a Hashnode subdomain for your blog. You also have an option to map your existing domain name.
That’s it. You are all set with your blog site. You can access your site with the URL <username>.hashnode.dev
Add a Blog to the Site
Now, you can add your blog by writing a new one or import from other platforms.
- To write a new blog, click Write on the top left corner of the page or visit hn.new
- It will open up an online editor where you can start blogging.
- To import an existing blog from other platforms like Medium or Dev.to, click your profile image on the bottom left corner and choose Blog Dashboard.
4. On the next page, click Import on the left pane, where you will see options to import blogs from Medium, Dev.to or any RSS URL.
5. Please read this article, to more about importing Medium articles to Hashnode.
Customizing Your Site
Hashnode also provides various options like customize Header and Navbar, add publication logo, enable the newsletter subscription, map custom domains, etc.
I have customized my site and it looks awesome. You can see it here.
Thank you 🤘
To know more about me, visit ganeshkumarm.me